Jim Boggia has a new project - and it's all about his passion for a very special instrument: the ukulele!
It's a kind of crowdfunding, but quite different than you may know it. Jim explains it like this:
"The easiest way to think of it is that it’s like Kickstarter, except in the ways that it’s not. What? That’s not easy enough?
Okay, Patreon is like Kickstarter in that it allows creators of things (that’s me) to find folks to support the making of those things (that’s you, potentially, I mean, I don’t want to make any assumptions, but you seem nice). It’s different from Kickstarter in that instead of trying to get large amounts of support for one big project, Patreon looks to get smaller, recurring contributions for a number of smaller, recurring creations. Another difference is that instead of paying money up front and waiting months for an album to “drop” (I heard a young person say that once), you give AFTER I make these small, yet in their own way still amazing, things. Some people have described it as a “tip jar.” Pffft, some people!"
Rewards you can get are:
- Skype house concerts for you and your friends
- personal one hour Google Hangout or Skype Chat
- a video of a cover song of YOUR CHOICE
- He will write you a personal postcard, lick a stamp and send it to you 4 times a year
- Your name in the credits at the end of each video
- Exclusive live videos and instructional videos
- An mp3 file of the music from the videos/songs
- patron only stream which will include BONUS videos and audio files you’ll only get here
Project link: www.patreon.com/jimboggia